Categories: Education, Eleanor, Shiny Things!, Uncategorized
***Delayed publishing, 16/09/18***
Today we went to the home of the brick.
This is a town called Billund in Denmark where LEGO and DUPLO is made. It was INCREDIBLE.
There were lots of different areas in the house. In the entrance there was a big lego tree. It was funny, because at the top LEGO men were still building the tree. There were some big dinosaurs made from LEGO too.
The house was divided into 4 areas, Red, Yellow, Green and Blue and there were different things to do in each one. My favourites were:
- Building the LEGO city. You built on top of a square brick and put it in the city area. When you put your brick down, the city would change colour depending on your brick. And LEGO men would come and visit it.
- Making LEGO fish. You made a fish and then scanned it into a computer. I gave it eyes and a mouth and then it swam off onto the computer screen! This was Genevieve’s favourite thing to do.
- There was a rainbow made of nearly 2 million LEGO bricks. It was 5.6m high!
- You could make a LEGO car and race it down a track. My first one didn’t work very well, but the next one was better. You could also see if your car would fly through a hoop.
- There were big LEGO scenes. One had a mountain and a castle. One had a volcano, and one was a city. There was a LEGO train. It was very good.
- Daddy really liked the history section about old LEGO, because he found some old LEGO sets that he owned. Like the hospital and Technic that Grandpa brought back from Germany when he was a little boy.
At the end we saw a LEGO machine making bricks and we got a pack of 6 red bricks each. It was a perfect day.
Looks incredible and soooooo much fun!
The lego house was amazing. Hi to Amelia and Jemima.